Monday, February 23, 2009

our little princess...

Mikes mom bought Ashlyn this adorable dress... I promised when she wore it, I would take her picture... Ashlyn loves getting her picture taken and it shows for it in the out come of the picture. I love our little princess! Carm, thanks for the dress. She looked like a doll.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Parker at his first "Soccer Practice"

Today Parker went to soccer practice for his first time. We were unsure whether he would like it or not but it turned out he did a great job and will be back next week. His first practice was with the 5 year olds, but next week he will begin playing with the 3 and 4 year olds. He was so excited to get his new shinguards and cleats..he still hasn't taken them off since we got home 2 hours ago.
video

what would YOU do?????

I am debating whether to find out the sex of our "new baby" I have to decided in 2 weeks when I go to get the ultrasound. I am torn because about 70% of me wants to wait and make it a surprise, while the other 30% wants to know so I can "plan and prepare". Plan and prepare what? I dont know - i guess it just for me to know. Mike wants to find out... but he will do what ever I want. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? if you already have a boy and girl, have everything you need already.. would you wait and make it a surprise, or would you find out? let me know because your opinion matters :)

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Family Gets Together (all but 1)




Because of the death of my grandfather, all but my little sister were able to make it came to Utah for the memorial service. My sister,Keri, her husband got deported the day of, so she stayed home to be with him (and the kids)and say their goodbyes. We had a great time together and it was fun seeing my brothers and sisters again- and of course my parents. I hate that we live so far away from eachother.
- There is a family picture of us (w/out Keri)
- There is a picture w/ my dad and my brothers
- There is a picture of Mike, my bro-in-law Corom, and my 2 brothers wrestling...i got the picture of just mike and corom because it was the funniest one of them all. Mike iving Corom the "fish hook"
We thought of Keri a lot wishing she could have made it....but one day soon I hope we can all get together.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mommy and Son date...




Parker and I went to the circus. It was a lot of fun to be on a "date" with my son. It doesnt happen as often w/ Parker and I as it does with Mike and Parker. So it was nice for the change. Parker LOVED every moment of it. It was so excited to see the elephants, the white tiger, the lions.. all of it. We didnt have the best of seats, so I tried to zoom in with my camera... and they didnt turn out as good as i was hoping for. oh wellthe dark picture is of the white tiger.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

In LOVING Memory of my Grandfather....

My Grandpa, Tony Hansen, passed away this morning. Being 104 and in a nursing home for the past 2 weeks we all knew that it was going to happen soon. I am so grateful that my dad was able to come out this weekend to spend it with his father before he passed. It was is hard but thankfully for the gospel we are all at ease and have a lot of comfort knowing that he is with our Father in Heaven. I have many stories and memories of my grandfather.... but one of my best memories that I shared with him was when Mike moved to Texas and I still lived in Utah, before I went to Texas, I was able to go to the temple with my grandpa and his wife, Mary, in the Manti temple.(where Mike and I were married). It was a live session and it is something that I will always remember doing with him. I pray that his wife, Mary, will be comforted through this hard time for her. I love you Grandpa! And will be missed!