Sunday, February 1, 2009

In LOVING Memory of my Grandfather....

My Grandpa, Tony Hansen, passed away this morning. Being 104 and in a nursing home for the past 2 weeks we all knew that it was going to happen soon. I am so grateful that my dad was able to come out this weekend to spend it with his father before he passed. It was is hard but thankfully for the gospel we are all at ease and have a lot of comfort knowing that he is with our Father in Heaven. I have many stories and memories of my grandfather.... but one of my best memories that I shared with him was when Mike moved to Texas and I still lived in Utah, before I went to Texas, I was able to go to the temple with my grandpa and his wife, Mary, in the Manti temple.(where Mike and I were married). It was a live session and it is something that I will always remember doing with him. I pray that his wife, Mary, will be comforted through this hard time for her. I love you Grandpa! And will be missed!

3 comments:

britni said...

I am so sorry for you loss. I can still seem him climbing the stairs all the way up to the top of the Manti Temple. I was huffin and puffin and he was treking on. What an amazing life he lived I am sure!

Unknown said...

I am sorry about your loss! Sure miss you!

The Fernandes Family said...

Oh,I'm so sorry... grandpas are so special!