Sunday, July 19, 2009

they say.... NO news is Good News...

they say.... NO news is Good news... thats what "They" say, but not what I say. if your wondering Im talking about this baby that has been kicking, hick-uping, moving around, sitting RIGHT on my bladder (for the past few months), keeping me up all throughout the night- in my tummy STILL. I havent carried a baby this far along w/ both kids... so why is this one holding out on me? I was always told that it seems like the more kids you have the earlier you deliver each kid? i guess that is wrong. I am 39 weeks and go to my check up tomorrow. My doc and I never scheduled an inducement date because I (and he) honestly thought the baby would have come already. I didnt go to my 38 wk check up because I was in the hospital thinking it was time. Nope I was wrong. I was contracting every 5-6 minutes (consistent for nearly 3 hrs + ), so I got a sitter for the kids, mike left work early to take me to the hospital. Once we were admitted, the RN checked me, I was dilated at a 2- she left and we sat in the room getting monitored, a little over an hour she came back in and checked me again- no progress, still contracting the 6 minutes. She told me because I wasnt 39 weeks they couldnt do anything to speed up my contractions and get me dilating more.And if I was 5 minutes or LESS i could have stayed. But I wasnt So i got sent home :( * I was only shy of my 39 weeks by just a few days* So now im chilling dealing w/ the massive heat, dealing w/ the needy kids, and trying to enjoy the most uncomfortable part of the pregnancy (the last few weeks.) Im crossing all my fingers and toes that things will happen very soon- like today would be nice! Or that when i go to my docs tomorrow morning he will tell me " WOW MISSY YOU NEED TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE HOSPITAL- ITS TIME" ok thats wishful thinking. Im sure the next post on here will be pics of the new addition to our family. :) Just be patient is all i have to tell my self.

1 comment:

Shana Lynn said...

Missy, you are hilarious!!! I hope that you've had your beautiful baby!! Good Luck if you haven't. I hope that the delivery goes smoothly for ya..