Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Celebration


We had a great Christmas this year. It was the first year, since I have been married that I was able to carry out a tradition that has been going on in my family since I was little. Christmas eve dinner... we made and ate yummy GREEK food. My sister and her family and my Aunt Georgia came to spend Christmas eve with us. It was Mikes first time trying Greek food, and was a good sport. He didnt like it but ate it. So now I dont know what the future tradition will be since Mike doesnt like the food we eat. (make him starve, make something else, - i like the make him starve :)/jk)
My aunt stayed the night and spent Christmas morning with our family. I am so thankful that she was able to spend some time w/ family during the holiday season. We were lucky because our kids didnt wake up until 8am and when parker was up he came into our room, Mom Dad, lets go down stairs. I said who came last night and he got all excited... Santa did mom. lets go. So we got Ashlyn out of bed (she was awake just playing) and headed down stairs and woke up Aunt Georgia. We were blessed by so many family and friends this year. The kids got SO many gifts, that I actually put some that I bought away for next year. Parker was so excited and was ready to open every present. Which he did... Ashlyn, w/ the help of Parker, opened up her first gift from Great Grandma Mathis, a baby doll- and she was done. She just wanted the baby and didnt want do w/ anything else. It was fun watching the joy in Parkers face. I miss those days when I was little where I got all excited about Santa coming.
We of course didnt forget to take a few minutes to talk to Parker about why we have Christmas and whos birthday we celebrate. I cant express my Love and appreciation for my Savior. He is the best example to me and I am so grateful that we have a holiday where its all about Him. I hope we were all able to express our graduate to our Savior. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Julie/Mom said...

Hi Missy, I found your blog through Terri's. I've enjoying looking at your pictures of your beautiful family and reading your posts.
Julie Bell

britni said...

I am sure Parker loved Christmas. His age is the perfect age I think. Brooklyn was a lot of fun. They are getting so big! I love Miss Ashlyn's smile...it lights up the room.