Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy 5 year Anniversary Mike...

Today is our 5 yr anniversary. And how fast the 5 years have gone. I just wanted to tell Mike (and everyone who reads this) how grateful I am for you. Thank you for being the provider for the family, for working so hard to make it possible for me to
say home with the kids. Thank you for loving me unconditionally and always thinking of me and the kids. I cant wait for the next 5 years- and many more to come! THANK you so much for the great, thoughtful, loving, creative anniversary gift. Your the best and I love you so much.
**** For our anniversary, Mike first got me a sewing machine. He gave that to me a few days before our anniversary. The day before, we went out to a nice, quiet resturant and arranged for our neighbor to watch the kids. He told Kim that we would be back in about 2-3 hours to relieve her from the kids. As we left the resturant..

he drove into a hotel called the "THE ANNIVERSARY INN" we have never been there, and "INN" that is decorated into different themes. We has the Treasure Island Suite. And oh was it "sweet" He surprised me... he had his coworker come and get the kids from Kim, and they (Becky and Brad) stayed the night at our house w/ the kids. Then in the morning he asked my sister to watch the kids until we got back. I was so shocked that he made so many arrangements. That he would actually take the time to do something to surprise me WITHOUT telling me before hand. And that he made our 5 year anniversary so special to me. It was a nice, relaxing evening alone w/ no kids. I cried for a little bit because it was my first time away from them. It was hard but it was also very much needed! Today, we are together, he took the day off to spend it with me and the kids. I got a great husband and I love everything about him.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Not a bad idea Mike. My 5 year is coming up in May....I think I know what I am going to do. :)

Unknown said...

Mike!!! I am so impressed! Happy anniversary!

Blonski fam said...

WOW- is all I have to say.. That INN looked awesome! Mike- you did good!! I am very jealous. Glad it was a good day for you both. Love ya

britni said...

I am way impressed! Nice job Mike! Congrats on a great five years!

James and Tiff said...

I am glad everything worked out! It was so hard to not say anything about it- especially when you were talking about not being able to go out because of the inspection! I wanted to say on Wednesday- have so much fun!!! You deserve it- you are awesome!

The Fernandes Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a fabulous time. Happy Belated!

Nelee said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations! I just read your comment on Heather's blog about the Bachelor. I think it's hilarious that you thought Heather reminded you of Melissa and I reminded you of Molly. I loved Molly!!! Thanks for the compliment!